Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day


Happy Labor Day everyone!! Did you know the first labor day took place on September 5, 1882. Which is a good thing. The sad thing is labor day symbolizes the last day of summer, I love summer. What I've always wondered though is where the rule "no white after labor day" came from. The reasons I found are: 1.) White reflects sunlight so therefor it keeps you cooler, and why would one want to be colder in winter?!?! (duh)...thats my favorite dumb reason. 2.)In the late 19th century alot of people where entering the middle classes. Well, they didnt know anything about the standards of high society, so they were given specific rules to follow in order to fit in. Thats just plain mean!! 3.) Apparently to southerners its just rude and total bad manners to wear white before easter. I dont think it bothers me, but hey thats just me. I dont really care for any of these reasons, so I say WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT PEOPLE! Have a great labor day and don't work to hard :)

-Leisha

2 comments:

Jessy Russell said...

Oh, sure, you can wear white after Labor Day, but I still can't wear black and brown? Dispicable!

Lacey Wilson said...

I agree...let's all wear white...! I also agree that black and brown do NOT go together...sorry Jessy!